You need time to let your manuscript cool—to create some distance between the story you know so well and your excited feelings. Without it, editing is going to be that much more difficult and not nearly as effective as it would have been had you given it time. (read more)
Do you take a cooling off period between writing and editing? If so, how long? If not, why not?
- vkbooksandcleverness reblogged this from sunscraps
- memory-reduction likes this
- writing-in-the-blue reblogged this from sunscraps
- thenovae likes this
- astray-thought reblogged this from sunscraps
- cesarsayswords likes this
- astray-thought likes this
- sunscraps reblogged this from avajae
- ghostofthewind answered:I give it a week to cook I say. Then I edit and then off to be edited again.
- avajae posted this