Common Characteristics of Natural Born, Freelance, or Career Writers
- An “odd ball” childhood.
Writers tend to start off as peculiar kids. They never quite fit in with their classmates. Their abstract thinking begins early on, and it causes them to struggle to relate to other children and elementary interests. Future writers commonly start off as either lonesome or socially inept kids.
- They were handed books as toys.
Naturally gifted writers are almost always reading enthusiasts. They have a further developed vocabulary and stronger syntax abilities because their scholastic experience goes beyond traditional curriculum.
- They believe in the “All or nothing” policy.
Writers are often perfectionists that will edit until their eyes bleed or completely scratch an idea off the table. They tend to carry that trait into their other projects as well. The writer will either create something complete or nothing at all.
- They take pride in their work.
Even if they need help, writers like doing their work 100% themselves without contribution. This is seen often in college, when the self-proclaimed writers don’t show up to office hours or ask for tutoring. Writers tend to treat even essays as a personal work of art. It’s their work, and it matters that it’s only theirs.
- They are equally organized and disorganized.
A writer’s mind works in choreographed chaos. With too much chaos comes no productivity. With too much organization comes no passion. The writer has learned how to have the perfect combination of both.
- They have both an ego and self-doubt.
-Enough ego to invest in one’s own thoughts, enough doubt to revise and rethink continuously.
- They enjoy simplicity.
Hot coffee, music, and a sunrise could make their morning flawless.
- They are observant.Writers tend to learn about things from as many angles as they can. They’ll see the same sign for ten years and connect ten-thousand other separate things to the sign in that amount of time. They take in what they can and make a mental map of how things co-exist.
- They recognize the importance of memories.Writers learn how to utilize past moments as criteria for their work. A writer will not forget their first love, or heartache.
- iiwannawritethings reblogged this from takensuperlockian
- wanderingrestlessly reblogged this from characterandwritinghelp
- apolloslover reblogged this from optimismforjournalism
- aca-awkward-angel reblogged this from doctorroseandalltimelow
- colourful-crayons95 reblogged this from narusasulover143
- colourful-crayons95 likes this
- narusasulover143 reblogged this from kogient
- kogient reblogged this from see-you-on-mars
- discordspyro likes this
- scarlet-brooks likes this
- byakuganprince likes this
- unmeinome likes this
- boxofashes reblogged this from see-you-on-mars
- pie-god likes this
- see-you-on-mars reblogged this from nado-hunter
- nado-hunter reblogged this from allamericanheroine
- nado-hunter likes this
- hipstercanada likes this
- theoddworkingsofholly likes this
- gingersabertoothtiger reblogged this from thetinytindallofterror
- gingersabertoothtiger likes this
- ayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyelmao reblogged this from thetinytindallofterror
- dinosaur-everything likes this
- my-muse-bayblood reblogged this from allamericanheroine
- thevampireniko reblogged this from thetinytindallofterror
- thetinytindallofterror reblogged this from i-just-really-love-wtnv
- hetaliasoul reblogged this from yunglolita
- i-just-really-love-wtnv likes this
- i-just-really-love-wtnv reblogged this from optimismforjournalism
- sonuvabitchandbdaygirl reblogged this from yunglolita
- sonuvabitchandbdaygirl likes this
- levisdenimjeans likes this
- allamericanheroine reblogged this from sugariechibi
- shmandersrose likes this
- yunglolita reblogged this from tavoriel
- timelesslytestified likes this
- trelaney reblogged this from sugariechibi
- trelaney likes this
- hella-cronus likes this
- j-rawr-s reblogged this from sugariechibi
- j-rawr-s likes this
- noizxfood likes this
- zenobe-enro likes this
- neon-galaxies likes this
- sugariechibi reblogged this from dirk-striders-fabulous-ass
- walla-walla-onions likes this
- tentiginousaeipathy likes this
- adrabloop reblogged this from onlinekittypet
- taymcphail reblogged this from princess-of-fabulous
- taymcphail likes this