Common Characteristics of Natural Born, Freelance, or Career Writers
- An “odd ball” childhood.
Writers tend to start off as peculiar kids. They never quite fit in with their classmates. Their abstract thinking begins early on, and it causes them to struggle to relate to other children and elementary interests. Future writers commonly start off as either lonesome or socially inept kids.
- They were handed books as toys.
Naturally gifted writers are almost always reading enthusiasts. They have a further developed vocabulary and stronger syntax abilities because their scholastic experience goes beyond traditional curriculum.
- They believe in the “All or nothing” policy.
Writers are often perfectionists that will edit until their eyes bleed or completely scratch an idea off the table. They tend to carry that trait into their other projects as well. The writer will either create something complete or nothing at all.
- They take pride in their work.
Even if they need help, writers like doing their work 100% themselves without contribution. This is seen often in college, when the self-proclaimed writers don’t show up to office hours or ask for tutoring. Writers tend to treat even essays as a personal work of art. It’s their work, and it matters that it’s only theirs.
- They are equally organized and disorganized.
A writer’s mind works in choreographed chaos. With too much chaos comes no productivity. With too much organization comes no passion. The writer has learned how to have the perfect combination of both.
- They have both an ego and self-doubt.
-Enough ego to invest in one’s own thoughts, enough doubt to revise and rethink continuously.
- They enjoy simplicity.
Hot coffee, music, and a sunrise could make their morning flawless.
- They are observant.Writers tend to learn about things from as many angles as they can. They’ll see the same sign for ten years and connect ten-thousand other separate things to the sign in that amount of time. They take in what they can and make a mental map of how things co-exist.
- They recognize the importance of memories.Writers learn how to utilize past moments as criteria for their work. A writer will not forget their first love, or heartache.
- thereverendpuck reblogged this from tessmilom
- thereverendpuck likes this
- wintersage reblogged this from tessmilom
- kaylakunikosan reblogged this from tessmilom
- tessmilom reblogged this from booksandhotchocolate
- mygauzeborn likes this
- the-coolest-gato likes this
- the-coolest-gato reblogged this from thefaceofevilisasmile
- thefaceofevilisasmile reblogged this from twofortuesday
- thefaceofevilisasmile likes this
- indiehomosapien reblogged this from twofortuesday
- twofortuesday reblogged this from inthheflowers
- themightywordsmith likes this
- hollow-echo reblogged this from jgurnakart
- princess-of-stories likes this
- devious-andi reblogged this from jgurnakart and added:
- devious-andi likes this
- jade617 reblogged this from happyhiddling
- audykm13 likes this
- anything-i-wish-to-be likes this
- adishevelleddevil likes this
- niceandnaive likes this
- niceandnaive reblogged this from jgurnakart
- the-broken-looking-glass reblogged this from angellmc
- findingacat reblogged this from happyhiddling
- findingacat likes this
- firenzeflowers reblogged this from rinkydinkdagger
- jgurnakart reblogged this from happyhiddling and added:
- jgurnakart likes this
- angellmc reblogged this from happyhiddling
- angellmc likes this
- allkindsofmusiclover reblogged this from russian-s-p-plank
- ezioauditorefromflorence reblogged this from rinkydinkdagger
- rinkydinkdagger reblogged this from happyhiddling
- naiveme reblogged this from takeitbacktobeauty
- switchedatdeath reblogged this from wodsworththebutler
- switchedatdeath likes this
- bluewhat likes this
- jevoushaistousss reblogged this from happyhiddling
- hiddlescastle reblogged this from happyhiddling
- hiddlescastle likes this
- color-us-colorless likes this
- caitlin-the-bookworm likes this
- alphawolf95 reblogged this from happyhiddling
- alphawolf95 likes this
- xxlilliaranightdamexx reblogged this from happyhiddling
- inkymarshmallow reblogged this from happyhiddling
- mathr3a reblogged this from happyhiddling and added:
- animals-have-souls-too likes this
- randompanda2 likes this