Common Characteristics of Natural Born, Freelance, or Career Writers
- An “odd ball” childhood.
Writers tend to start off as peculiar kids. They never quite fit in with their classmates. Their abstract thinking begins early on, and it causes them to struggle to relate to other children and elementary interests. Future writers commonly start off as either lonesome or socially inept kids.
- They were handed books as toys.
Naturally gifted writers are almost always reading enthusiasts. They have a further developed vocabulary and stronger syntax abilities because their scholastic experience goes beyond traditional curriculum.
- They believe in the “All or nothing” policy.
Writers are often perfectionists that will edit until their eyes bleed or completely scratch an idea off the table. They tend to carry that trait into their other projects as well. The writer will either create something complete or nothing at all.
- They take pride in their work.
Even if they need help, writers like doing their work 100% themselves without contribution. This is seen often in college, when the self-proclaimed writers don’t show up to office hours or ask for tutoring. Writers tend to treat even essays as a personal work of art. It’s their work, and it matters that it’s only theirs.
- They are equally organized and disorganized.
A writer’s mind works in choreographed chaos. With too much chaos comes no productivity. With too much organization comes no passion. The writer has learned how to have the perfect combination of both.
- They have both an ego and self-doubt.
-Enough ego to invest in one’s own thoughts, enough doubt to revise and rethink continuously.
- They enjoy simplicity.
Hot coffee, music, and a sunrise could make their morning flawless.
- They are observant.Writers tend to learn about things from as many angles as they can. They’ll see the same sign for ten years and connect ten-thousand other separate things to the sign in that amount of time. They take in what they can and make a mental map of how things co-exist.
- They recognize the importance of memories.Writers learn how to utilize past moments as criteria for their work. A writer will not forget their first love, or heartache.
- mylovemymadness reblogged this from referenceforwriters
- candlesandpretense reblogged this from anothersideofthefiringline
- deanws-my-dollophead reblogged this from waywardbard
- deanws-my-dollophead likes this
- iamthemagicks likes this
- waywardbard reblogged this from iamthemagicks
- itchyuniform likes this
- notthatcrazybutcrazy likes this
- notthatcrazybutcrazy reblogged this from thepianogirl1
- thepianogirl1 reblogged this from duckymo
- reel-around-the-bonfire reblogged this from brightsidebrian
- anangelofthelordoftime likes this
- vanessaisvenus reblogged this from imycwinter
- vanessaisvenus likes this
- brightsidebrian reblogged this from imycwinter
- brightsidebrian likes this
- imycwinter reblogged this from cavalier-ecstasy
- marion-berry likes this
- deeejade likes this
- thelostbennet likes this
- thescienceofreblogging reblogged this from cavalier-ecstasy
- thescienceofreblogging likes this
- cavalier-ecstasy reblogged this from nikkigoingpostal
- kcnvrmnd likes this
- blkreginageorge reblogged this from referenceforwriters
- greypefroot reblogged this from cherodear
- raulthesupreme likes this
- sunsdvy likes this
- swinginginthetrees reblogged this from angryhiccups
- duckymo reblogged this from ri-dog
- give-a-dog-a-notebook reblogged this from characterandwritinghelp
- yaj1999 likes this
- aiswariyaj likes this
- scribblingnarration reblogged this from characterandwritinghelp
- ifthereisrebirth reblogged this from eponnia
- rabbitparfait reblogged this from referenceforwriters
- sapphireblaze20 reblogged this from lua-anime-1217
- sapphireblaze20 likes this
- dragonesse reblogged this from unjulie
- lua-anime-1217 reblogged this from freckledjesusbeliever
- freckledjesusbeliever reblogged this from laugh-while-crying
- dark-chocolate-impala likes this
- what-a-beautiful-messss reblogged this from referenceforwriters
- what-a-beautiful-messss likes this
- 11884 reblogged this from referenceforwriters
- thephantomsoftheopera13 likes this
- lltran likes this
- thewonderfulworldofwriting likes this
- dreamystic-lunate likes this
- ktcapes reblogged this from referenceforwriters